Please read and respect our posting rules
Rule #5. Suggesting or encouraging any illegal activity is cause for immediate deletion and suspension of posting privileges. You can share information on what is legal, and what is not legal, but our forums are not a place to seek, or offer help, on how to break the law.

Meds, Medical Conditions, and Treatment >> Prescription drug discussion

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
MelodyAdministrator

Reged: 03/20/03
Loc: DrugBuyers.Com
Valium - Diazepam
      #143097 - 03/01/04 04:00 AM

Please use this thread to discuss Valium (Diazepam).

Thanks

--------------------
Tip: Try our Database to find out who has the best deals...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
moonshade
Old Hand

Reged: 12/01/02
Loc: searching for my lost shaker o...
Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: Melody]
      #143269 - 03/01/04 03:11 PM

Prefer Roche brand .

Edited by Melody (03/04/04 05:08 AM)

Stranger

Reged: 09/03/03
Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: moonshade]
      #144598 - 03/05/04 03:37 AM

does anyone have any experience wity zenith and barr diazapam? would like to know if you can tell of any quality difference between these 2. also what is your favorite generic diazapam and the price difference between name brand and the generics.

sigmund

Reged: 07/29/03
Loc: Vienna
Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: 12356]
      #145676 - 03/08/04 08:43 PM

The difference in price between American name brand and the average generic is about $150 However, it varies from country to country if ordering from IOPs. Indian name brand is more like a generic IMO, because it just takes the edge of anxiety off without knocking you out.
International Roche is supposed to be as good as the American "V" without the aesthetics.
With regard to your question about the two generic brands, have only tried Barr.

--------------------
how can you tell the Dreamer from the one who dreams the dream?

babygabey
Journeyman

Reged: 01/08/03
Loc: The Sunny State
Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: sigmund]
      #146623 - 03/11/04 01:50 PM

Does anyone know of a reliable overnight OP for valium or any other benzo, that doesn't require a consultation fee? Just curious who are the legit sources these days. There are so many websites they have to be scams.

meddog

Reged: 02/22/04
Loc: Midwest USA
      #150018 - 03/23/04 05:32 PM

I got a wierd question here.
I have a very irritating side effect from valium.
I get HORRIBLE hiccups, always have and I fear I always will.
Does anyone else get hiccups from valium and if so what do you do to get rid of them? I currently inhale till my lungs are full then start to swallow deep gulps..but doesnt always work.
That and drink lots off water till I roll away.

joyous

Reged: 01/16/04
Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: meddog]
      #150074 - 03/23/04 08:32 PM

The hiccup cure that has always worked for me and anyone I've recommended it to is: a slice of lemon, saturated in angoustora(sp?) bitters (you can find this at any liquor store...it's an herbal concoction used in many old timer cocktails), then cover the lemon with granulated sugar. Suck on that and bye-bye hiccups. It has not failed me once!

Good Luck,
Jou

Orchid

Reged: 03/05/04
Loc: Jamaica
Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: babygabey]
      #150134 - 03/24/04 05:50 AM

cant help sorry...I myself cant find an overnite one that comes to florida depending on your state dolphinrx seems to be okay..give them a try

Edited by Orchid (03/24/04 05:52 AM)

Anthgonz41
Journeyman

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: New Jersey, USA
      #175137 - 07/19/04 07:20 PM

Not sure if anyone knows it but Clickdrugstore carriers 1mg Xanex (100 for $100 final price) and 5mg Valium (50 for $52 final price).

However, for some reason they dont show up in his search or any of the categories but if you click Tramadol and scroll to the bottom of the page where it says "customers who bought this also purchased..." you should see valium and xanan links.

I have listed the links below...hope they work properly. If not just contact Orawan the owner, and he will point you in the right direction.

Valium Link

Xanax Link

I never pursue or use benzos so I dont know how his prices rank with other IOPs but im sure everyone knows click is a highly respected, reliable source.

Also carriers buprenorphine temgesic if you personally contact him and ask him, he'll have no problem filling your needs.

Hope that helps, best of luck
anthony

Anthgonz41
Journeyman

Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: Anthgonz41]
      #175574 - 07/22/04 10:31 AM

After two years of daily tramadol use which let to about 18 months of tramadol abuse, I have been plagued with servere anxiety. This anxiety is the main reason why I cannot fall asleep at night. I have very prominent insomnia since the day I have tapered off of tramadol about 3 weeks ago.

I have reached my limits and I cannot suffer like this anymore. I just recently spoke with my psychiatrist he basically told me to give him a call in another few weeks if Im still suffering from servere anxiety and insomnia.

I really feel like I cant go a few weeks like this without eventually giving into my psychological addiction or self-medicating with some sort of sleep-aid or anti-anxiety agent.

I have tried Busparione, Sonata, and Ambien. None of which relieved anxiety and enduced sleep. When they did enduce sleep I would wake up feeling hungover, achy, tired, irritable, and generally uncomfortable which just prolongs the problem, and suffering.

I have never used an anti-anxiety agent beside buspar. I have never used a benzo before as well, as I never suffered from severe anxiety in my life. I was diagnosed with ADHD and a mild condition of OCD. Around age 10 I stopped taking Clonidine and Adderall, as I was not suffering the indications of either of the ADHD or OCD no longer.

When I turned 16 I began using Ultram for a minor motorcycle accident I had been in, After about a month of use I really found I enjoyed the drug and since have been addicted, especially psychologically. I went through a pretty bad withdrawal for about 3-5 days last month, now im left with this severe anxiety and insomnia.

Well, that is my situation, Im thinking of self-medicating with Valium in the near future if this problem does not subside. Not sure if its the right decision or what kind of side effects such drugs carry.

Any suggestions are welcome and would be highly appreciated. Im really new to anxiety, insomnia, and restlessness so any information, insight, suggestions would be great.

Best Wishes,
Anthony

--------------------
"Drugs don’t do things," Shulgin says. "They only catalyze what’s already there. No drug has skill. It’s you who has skill. You only have to know it."

bridge66
Stranger

Reged: 05/17/04
Loc: vermont usa
      #175577 - 07/22/04 11:15 AM

valium or diazepam will definitely help your anxiety you should try 5mgs twice a day if no help go to 10mgs but you can also run into withdrawal problems after 3 weeks and then you have to taper down or youll be in the same boat your in now,there was a post yesterday or befour about bezo
withdrawal check it out,hope this helps
best wishes good luck

radiometer
Enthusiast

Reged: 12/09/03
Loc: California
      #175589 - 07/22/04 12:13 PM

Anthgonz41: Benzos will help you, most likely, but the problem in this case is that they're highly addictive, and you'll run a good risk of just trading one pill for another. If you insist on self-medicating with benzos for this problem, my opinion would be to try starting with Klonopin.

Anthgonz41
Journeyman

Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: radiometer]
      #175600 - 07/22/04 01:15 PM

first off, thanks for the insight, feels good knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel...this klonopin how is it different from valium and other benzos?

radiometer
Enthusiast

#175724 - 07/23/04 09:28 AM

First off, I am not a doctor, and 2nd, individuals vary a bit too much in their responses to different benzos for me to comment much.

I suggested Klonopin because out of all the benzos it's the one I see most often recommended for your problem. The main difference from Valium is that Valium has an extremely long half-life, plus it has an active metabolite which lasts in your body for up to several days. Heavy stuff. Klonopin has a faily long half-life, so it can be taken just once or twice daily, but not nearly as long as Valium.

Any of these drugs are going to be very difficult for you to get off of, given what you wrote in your first posts about predeliction towards addiction, and I suggest you try more alternatives before using benzos without a doctors supervision.--

Anthgonz41
Journeyman

#175753 - 07/23/04 12:28 PM

Hello first off, thanks for all of your help. Truly good to know there are those who care, and are willing to share helpful suggestions. I was prescribed Temazepam 15mg #30's and 10mg Lexapro daily for 1 month. He told me I was highly obsessive compulsive and suffering extreme depression, anxiety. I will be paying $16.50 for 30 tablets of temazepam...which I believe is resortil, is that cheap compared to IOPs and OPs?

Ive always been afraid of anti-depressents especially SSRI"s.....wont I just withdrawal from this drug as well as the temazepam once I have to stop use. I feel hopeless now...I feel like I would rather take 1-2 tramadol daily instead to fix the depression, anxiety, insomnia, and related symptoms, problems.

My mother says people dont get tolerance to anti-depressants nor do they withdrawal. I personally think thats a bunch of balony...wouldnt one withdrawal from any chemical, including anti-depressants? Please someone clear this up for me.

lastly, how does temazepam compare to other benzos, like valium, klonopin, xanax?

Best wishes,
Anthony

Again thanks a million for all the support. really helps

radiometer
Enthusiast

#175773 - 07/23/04 02:11 PM

Quote:

My mother says people dont get tolerance to anti-depressants nor do they withdrawal. I personally think thats a bunch of balony...wouldnt one withdrawal from any chemical, including anti-depressants? Please someone clear this up for me.

As I said, I don't really want to comment further as I am neither a doctor nor an expert. But I have to address your mother's definite mis-information re: withdrawal from SSRI's. This is quoted from rxlist.com:

Quote:

Discontinuation of Treatment with LEXAPRO

During marketing of Lexapro and other SSRIs and SNRIs (Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors), there have been spontaneous reports of adverse events occurring upon discontinuation of these drugs, particularly when abrupt, including the following: dysphoric mood, irritability, agitation, dizziness, sensory disturbances (e.g., paresthesias such as electric shock sensations), anxiety, confusion, headache, lethargy, emotional lability, insomnia, and hypomania. While these events are generally self-limiting, there have been reports of serious discontinuation symptoms.

Patients should be monitored for these symptoms when discontinuing treatment with LEXAPRO. A gradual reduction in the dose rather than abrupt cessation is recommended whenever possible. If intolerable symptoms occur following a decrease in the dose or upon discontinuation of treatment, then resuming the previously prescribed dose may be considered. Subsequently, the physician may continue decreasing the dose but at a more gradual rate (see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION).

I know next to nothing about Restoril, but it being a benzodiazepine, I'd assume it causes dependance as do the others.

Good luck, I hope you are able to fix all this - since it's going to be a big issue for you in the immediate future, I suggest you spend some time reading about the problems you've been diagnosed with, and the different treatments for them. Then talk about it with your doctor some more, armed with information, if you feel you are not getting the proper medication/treatment.

Listvoer
Old Hand

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New America
      #175815 - 07/23/04 07:00 PM

Speaking of "restoril", you might want to be sure of what chemical you're actually getting if you decide to order any online. In the USA (and possibly other places, but USA is all I know in this instance) if you are prescribed Restoril, you will very much most likely receive Temazepam. If you are online shopping (Gigapharma for example) you will find another benzo under the same trade-name, Restoril. This restoril though, is a completely different benzodiazepine, namely Clonazepam. They are in the same family but have vastly diferent half-lives. Here in the USA name-brand Clonazepam goes by the name Klonipin. Confused yet? Temazepam Restoril is definitely for sleep, as it has a short half-life and shouldn't leave you that groggy in the morning. Clonazepam Restoril OTOH has a much longer half-life and until your body gets used to it you may find yourself having a heck of a time clearing your head each morning.

Just a little FYI for those out there surfing the rough seas of the IOP ocean..

L

ETA - if the Restoril in question is in 7.5 MG or 15 MG or any high number like that, you most likely have temazepam. Clonazepam (restoril brand or not) is usually produced just like xanax, in .25mg, .50mg, 1 mg & 2mg.

--------------------
Due to PM spam I rarely check mine so if you send me one, make sure to let me know...

radiometer
Enthusiast

Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: Listvoer]
      #175874 - 07/24/04 11:18 AM

An easy mistake to make, but you are incorrect.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

Restoril = temazepam
Rivotril = clonazepam (UK brand name)

If OPs are selling anything but temazepam under the name "Restoril," they are scamming you, or they don't know the proper names for their products.

Listvoer
Old Hand

#175946 - 07/24/04 07:46 PM

D'oh! I guess I did prove my point though because i've known several folk who have ordered one or the other & were unhappily surprised when they got the wrong one. Rivitrol, Restoril, geez... that's what I get for posting after almost 50 hours of no sleep...

Thanks for the correction. I think I made my mistake-quota for the year!

L

and FWIW, clonazepam makes me far sleepier than temazepam... I can take a couple temmies and not yawn but take 3-4 MG clonazepam and i'm asleep in the recliner missing my TV show..

--------------------
Due to PM spam I rarely check mine so if you send me one, make sure to let me know...

radiometer
Enthusiast

Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: Listvoer]
      #175950 - 07/24/04 08:16 PM

Thanks for not being offended at my correction. Yes, the point is to be very careful when ordering meds, and to have the appropriate references open and available to double-check. Brand names can be confusing, and I find rxlist.com to be a great help when I feel unsure on a detail.

tiredbones
Journeyman

Reged: 06/23/03
Loc: SF county
      #176266 - 07/27/04 11:18 AM

Can anyone tell me the difference between valium and xanax? I've been scouring the posts here and I can't find this one. Thanks for any help.

--------------------
The healthy animal is up and doing

DonBarba
Board Addict

Reged: 04/02/04
Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: tiredbones]
      #176274 - 07/27/04 11:43 AM

This is a useful and informative site.

http://www.benzo.org.uk

Listvoer
Old Hand

Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: tiredbones]
      #176276 - 07/27/04 11:47 AM

That's a bit more complicated than should probably be 'taught' on a message board by armchair doctors, but basically (and I said BASICALLY although others will still disagree i'm sure), basically xanax is 1)stronger mg - per - mg (IME 1MG X is roughly 10MG V), 2) has a much faster onset of action and then drop when it wears off several hours later, due to it's relatively short half life and is part of the reason it's given for sufferers of panic attacks. It's generally presribed short-term only (for good reason).

Valium OTOH 1) Has a *much* longer half-life, meaning that it stays in your blood much longer than xanax so you don't get the rush-up and rush-down that xanax can have, instead it's more of a slow mellow relaxation. 2)Valium has muscle-relaxing properties that xanax has little of in it.

Neither are usually prescribed for long-term use, but of the 2 valium is probably more likely to be prescribed that way. Both have tolerance issues and like all benzos, they are horrible to quit if you've been on them for long and they can be dangerous to quickly detox from. There is much more about these 2 obviously, but I think what i've said is the general consensus i've learned over the past 20 - 30 years as a nutcase on meds of every sort by one doc or another...

L

--------------------

rudman
Stranger

Reged: 10/12/02
Loc: colorado
      #176310 - 07/27/04 02:58 PM

Anthony, From one mental type to another- don't leave the alchohol out of the self medication shuffle. Being 'soft'a in the head and never accepting what's the current emotion dominating our outlook; the likes of you and I will keep chemists in pocket change 'till the curtain falls. I've been at it for 40 yrs.and still have friends that have watched all the melodrama.
Y You are in my humble opinion too young to reading labels, eat all the pills, drink all the wine, chase all the skirts and then see what shakes out!

Just another eejit

Anthgonz41
Journeyman

Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: rudman]
      #176315 - 07/27/04 03:07 PM

Talk about a little relief to in-decision, anxiety...thank you

great point

BarbJM
Stranger

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Indiana and Ohio
      #176719 - 07/29/04 10:03 AM

Hello Anthony

I just ordered valium from Clickdrugstore. How long does it take to arrive? I will be getting off vicodin soon because of back surgery and I know from experience that the withdrawal can be terrible without anti anxiety meds.

Thanks for any info you might have.

Barb

Anthgonz41
Journeyman

Re: Valium - Diazepam [Re: BarbJM]
      #176721 - 07/29/04 10:13 AM

Depends on your location but in the United States...

East Coast 5-9 days
West Coast 7-9 days
Europe 5-7 days

If you guys have any further questions feel free to ask...I have been a long term customer of Orawan and clickdrugstore.com. I may not be able to answer every question but I will do what I can!

Best Wishes,
Anthony

Remember if you are not home to recieve package it may take 1-2 days to be available at the post office. I use a PO Box which makes delivery a day or two faster usually. They are $24 for 6 months here in New Jersey. Dont know how safe it is though.

Laurelolo23
Stranger

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: D.C.
      #178514 - 08/07/04 11:14 AM

Darlin,' paying $16.50 for a month of Restoril is practically free--I love real pharmacies!!!

As for the Lexapro--its new, unproved and one of the freaky SSRIs--I hope you do well on it. There are many people who need some detox from this as well, my mom cried for a week after she stopped taking it. Please talk that over with your shrink.

The good thing about temazepam (Restoril), is that it acts so quickly to put you to sleep--sweet dreams.

Good Luck,
Lolo

--------------------
The last time somebody said, "I find I can write much better with a word processor," I replied, "They used to say the same thing about drugs."-Roy Blount Jr.

Jedd

Reged: 07/02/04
      #180702 - 08/16/04 04:51 PM

Hi Anthony I just ordered from Clickdrugs today haven't heard anything yet I used my bros credit card and put my order in my name. His ok of course. How long does this company usually take to process an order. the order was for 120 tramadol
thank you

timberland
Enthusiast

Reged: 07/10/04
      #181995 - 08/22/04 09:18 AM

Quote:

After two years of daily tramadol use which let to about 18 months of tramadol abuse, I have been plagued with servere anxiety. This anxiety is the main reason why I cannot fall asleep at night. I have very prominent insomnia since the day I have tapered off of tramadol about 3 weeks ago.

I have reached my limits and I cannot suffer like this anymore. I just recently spoke with my psychiatrist he basically told me to give him a call in another few weeks if Im still suffering from servere anxiety and insomnia.

I really feel like I cant go a few weeks like this without eventually giving into my psychological addiction or self-medicating with some sort of sleep-aid or anti-anxiety agent.

I have tried Busparione, Sonata, and Ambien. None of which relieved anxiety and enduced sleep. When they did enduce sleep I would wake up feeling hungover, achy, tired, irritable, and generally uncomfortable which just prolongs the problem, and suffering.

I have never used an anti-anxiety agent beside buspar. I have never used a benzo before as well, as I never suffered from severe anxiety in my life. I was diagnosed with ADHD and a mild condition of OCD. Around age 10 I stopped taking Clonidine and Adderall, as I was not suffering the indications of either of the ADHD or OCD no longer.

When I turned 16 I began using Ultram for a minor motorcycle accident I had been in, After about a month of use I really found I enjoyed the drug and since have been addicted, especially psychologically. I went through a pretty bad withdrawal for about 3-5 days last month, now im left with this severe anxiety and insomnia.

Well, that is my situation, Im thinking of self-medicating with Valium in the near future if this problem does not subside. Not sure if its the right decision or what kind of side effects such drugs carry.

Any suggestions are welcome and would be highly appreciated. Im really new to anxiety, insomnia, and restlessness so any information, insight, suggestions would be great.

Best Wishes,
Anthony

I feel for you, man, those meds you mentioned suck the banana. I haven't ever used benzos, either, but I saw a deal from RxGoodDeals, ne RxBetterDeals, for 60 2mg bars for $86. I couldn't pass it up, as I just CANNOT sleep most nights. The other thing is that I take about 300mg of tramadol a day. Similarity to your condition? Anyway, I know the bars are too strong, so I take 1/4 of them, since they're scored into 4 parts. They work wonderfully for relieving anxiety, better than I possibly could have hoped. During the day I take one and it only seems to last for 2 hours, but take one at night and not only do I sleep well, but I have a general sense of well-being continuing until about 3pm the next day. It's fantastic! Usually, though, I drink about a half of a beer before I go to bed, since my body tries to fight Xanax a little bit and struggle to maintain consciousness. I never finish the beer.

Other benzos - Valium's great, too, for a lot of people. It has a long half-life, though, as does Klonopin. Temazepam, or Restoril, is explicitly made for sleeping and it has a very short life. It's also hard to find for a good price from a no records OP. I'd suggest Xaxax. It is, however, addictive. Only take 0.5mg (or whatever works for you) once or twice a day, and NEVER give in to taking more than that. I think it may work for you!
Timber

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Melody 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 5408

Rate this topic

Jump to

Help & Contact Information | Privacy statement | Rules Free Members Area