FriendlyClinic.com Discounted prices Free consultation with all orders Order today receive tomorrow FedEx Next Day Delivery
Soma (generic) 350 mg - 90 Tablets $50.00 Soma (Watson brand) 350 mg - 90 Tablets $55.00
Tramadol 50 mg - 90 Tablets $45.00 - 180 Tablets $99.95 Ultram 50 mg - 90 Tablets $130.00
Fioricet 40 mg (generic) - 90 Tablets $45.00 Fioricet 40 mg (brand) - 90 Tablets $125.00
http://www.friendlyclinic.com

Meds, Medical Conditions, and Treatment >> Prescription drug discussion

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
plecosaur
Enthusiast

Reged: 08/20/02
Loc: USA
Xanax - Generic or Brand name?
      #62817 - 03/09/03 04:05 AM

My experience:
Alzan - 3/4 Upjohn
Upjohn - full strengh
Xanor - full strength if fresh (sometimes are mushy from transit)
Trankizam = Upjohn strength
Zopax - close to upjohn, but not quite as strong. 1/2 - 3/4 strength. varies
Gador (2mg bars) = haven't tried yet, will soon.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
moonshade
Veteran

Reged: 12/01/02
Loc: searching for my lost shaker o...
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: plecosaur]
      #62831 - 03/09/03 09:22 AM

My experience: I have only taken:
Alzam 1 mg (Warner Lambert), and
Xanax 1 mg (Pharmacia-Upjohn)
I like them both, although I am pretty sure I prefer the alzam. For me personally, the xanax doesn't seem to last as long. I thought perhaps it was becoming a tolerance issue, so I switched back to alzam, and they just seem to work a bit better for me. I will, however, keep with the Pharmacia-Upjohn brands or the Warner-Lambert. I have heard too many posts on here about the various generics just not working as well.

--------------------

newandold
Stranger

Reged: 02/27/03
Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: plecosaur]
      #63259 - 03/11/03 04:59 PM

One more - Alprax - Indian version../

eyeCandy33
Stranger

Reged: 03/04/03
Loc: usa
Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: newandold]
      #65427 - 03/22/03 12:51 PM

the purple footballs 1mg xanax worked fine for me, some generics are not bad specially when on a tight budget,Xanor is also ok .I have a low tolerance,,, good for me ,,,,,,,,,

Bigjohn23

Reged: 01/02/03
Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: eyeCandy33]
      #65902 - 03/25/03 01:33 AM

Quote:

This forum is not to discuss suppliers. This thread is to discuss Xanax - Temgesic and not the compnaies offering it. We have other forums for that.
Thank you for your support.

Edited by Melody (08/08/05 04:15 PM)

Bigjohn23

Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: Bigjohn23]
      #69145 - 04/08/03 11:47 PM

Quote:

This forum is not to discuss suppliers. This thread is to discuss Xanax - Temgesic and not the compnaies offering it. We have other forums for that.

Edited by Melody (08/08/05 04:16 PM)

mastertater
Veteran

Reged: 07/20/02
Loc: South of USA
      #77982 - 05/22/03 03:14 PM

Quote:

toe
GRAND Pooh-Bah

Reged: 10/10/02
Loc: MidWest USA
Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: mastertater]
      #78046 - 05/22/03 07:22 PM

2mg trankimazin from P24 IS Upjohn Xanax and very good.
2mg mylan alpraz (US generic) is also very good.
2mg Gador Alplax (Mex generic from Farmakos) also very good.
Not very impressed with 1mg Alprax (Indian generic)- probably about half strength.

Someone mentioned Geneva, a US generic. I haven't had their alprazolam but I have had another benzo from them, triazolam, and it was worthless.

--------------------
"It's the end of the World as We Know it. . ."
-REM "and I'm seeking asylum in Canada"-toe

axe
Board Addict

Reged: 04/07/03
Loc: N.E. United States
Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: toe]
      #78100 - 05/22/03 11:14 PM

Quote:

Bigjohn23

#88632 - 07/19/03 02:07 PM

Quote:

Edited by Melody (08/08/05 04:17 PM)

leeann61897
Journeyman

Reged: 10/29/02
Loc: TX
      #89143 - 07/22/03 03:58 PM

Quote:

Edited by Melody (08/08/05 04:17 PM)

sam2me2
Journeyman

Reged: 06/17/02
Loc: Southeast, US
Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: leeann61897]
      #94034 - 08/16/03 10:36 PM

I would like to try some of the Thai pharms or others. I believe they have alprazolam- but under another name? Could anyone list any of the names of other countries' alprazolam? For example on Access- they list Xanor-alprazolam- but I don't think all of the pharms are doing this?

mongomon

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: deserted island
Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: sam2me2]
      #94045 - 08/16/03 11:21 PM

Quote:

Edited by Melody (08/08/05 04:18 PM)

Bigjohn23

Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: leeann61897]
      #98812 - 09/08/03 10:25 PM

Quote:

Edited by Melody (08/08/05 04:18 PM)

tone
Veteran

Reged: 06/29/03
Loc: Chicago
      #113936 - 11/07/03 10:35 PM

its all in your imagination. they are all the same. a chemical compound is a chemical compound, they are all tested. the difference is what the pill looks like and the name of it, thats it.

Fiver

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: Michigan
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: tone]
      #113938 - 11/07/03 10:51 PM

Err...no.
I don't have the exact site in front of me, but they can cut some corners in manufacturing in the milling, to name just one difference. And it CAN make a difference.

TwG
Journeyman

Reged: 06/18/02
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: Fiver]
      #114084 - 11/08/03 12:46 PM

No it can't. It is all in your head.

cadman1
Journeyman

Reged: 09/25/03
Loc: South USA
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: TwG]
      #114187 - 11/08/03 09:26 PM

As a long term veteren of Xanax I felt that I needed to put my two cent in on this topic because of my personal diary with alprazolam. To some degree, I have to agree partially with TWG. Sometimes it really is "all in your head", however, sometimes there are flat out fakes. I have tried alprazolam from Thialand, S.Africa, Germany and about every manufacturer in the US. Here is my take on it all.
1) You must realize that alprazolam does create a tolerance. With that in mind, I have had higher tolerances at times and relatively lower than others. This fact in itself, depending on your tolerance at any given time can make you think one way about an order of alprazolam and not truly know its "test tube" strength.
2) I have found that overall, from my own personal experiences that across the board, that US manufactured alprazolam, whether its mylan or Phizer is equal in strenth. I think that some of the times when I taken a thialand "upjohn", some of the good in it was like TWG said,,,"it was all in my head".
3)US generics have to go through rigourous inspections and quality control test at the manufacturing plants and have to meet the standards set forth of the origanl patenet holder of Xanax first complied with.
4)Addressing where to get it... well this is only a personl opinion, and here's what I do now and with success and peace of mind. I stopped using any foreign op's since they are busting packages left and right (yes i know from personal experience) because of hiring all the new customs personell to inspect a way larger percentage of packs. The good old days of interpharm and their counterparts are basically over. Yes you can get lucky and still get one slipped across but at what cost of time, money and your name getting put on US customs database for trying to import a scheadule 4 controlled substance? With all that in mind, I started hunting for a good US OP that dealt alprazolam without having to send in a Best if kept off the board load of records. Well so far I can only say good things about XanaxUSA.com . I do not even buy the brand name(which they offer). I get the generic 2mg bars and they work excellent. They deliver on time and with alprazolam or any benzodiazapine, THATS WHAT COUNTS TO ME.
As far as their pricing goes, well, the gap has really closed in the last year and a half between US OP's alprazolam prices and that of overseas and in some cases the site i use is actually cheaper than the overseas op's.
Ok I will stop rambling. I just hope this post has helped someone out there read the opinons of a long term alprazolam user. Other than that take care and have a great evening.

Sincerly,
Mr. AutoCad aka cadman

gus21
Stranger

Reged: 03/09/04
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: Bigjohn23]
      #157360 - 04/25/04 04:26 AM

Quote:

Edited by Melody (08/08/05 04:19 PM)

surlybilly
Stranger

Reged: 08/30/04
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: moonshade]
      #184931 - 09/04/04 10:37 PM

Silly question.

I just received pills from Argentina imprinted Xanax and pamphlet (en enspanol ) mentions Upjohn.

So, are those "generic" because they were made by a subsidiary in Argentina or are they "name brand?"

Thanks in advance.

Edited by surlybilly (09/05/04 03:18 AM)

moonshade
Veteran

Reged: 12/01/02
Loc: searching for my lost shaker o...
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: surlybilly]
      #184985 - 09/05/04 10:48 AM

They r name brand. Upjohn has manufacturing plants in various countries. They may look a bit different , than the ones made in U.S., but the quality is the same.

--------------------

boscobear616
Banned: posting e-mail sources

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Michgan, USA
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: cadman1]
      #189784 - 09/30/04 03:28 PM

I have 2 mg Geneva alprazolam. Are they supposed to taste bitter? It's worse than aspirin, yuck, lol.

Thanks,
boscobear616

--------------------
"One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams."
-E. V. Lucas

Listvoer
Old Hand

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New America
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: boscobear616]
      #189821 - 09/30/04 05:06 PM

yech... alprazolam tastes awful. That's one of the few pills I don't/won't chew up. Klonipin has a minty flavor of sorts, and valium is usually neutral to slightly bitter, but xanax (and ativan IIRC) taste absolutely horrid. IMO not much tastes worse than xanax....

L

Eeyore27
Old Hand

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Where Misery loves Company U...
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: Listvoer]
      #191958 - 10/08/04 03:30 AM

Listvoer,

While I agree with you about the nasty taste of Xanax (I don't crush or chew them either, I just know because I pop one on my tongue before taking a swig of water to wash them down), in a lot of cases, it's what makes you know if you've gotten the "real deal" or not if you get an off name brand from an IOP and you're unsure of what you've gotten.

Man, just saying that made me think of all the times that I've done that, when they could have sent me cyanide or rat poison...lol. But it's the bitter taste that makes you know that it's Xanax, IME.

Eeyore

--------------------
~ R.I.P. Darrell Abbott 12/08/04

aalvaneo
Stranger

Reged: 10/19/04
      #196574 - 10/27/04 05:07 PM

Hello all. I really appreciate all of you and this web site
I am suffering from anxiety real bad and have trouble sleeping. my doctor will not prescribe xanax for me. what is the easiest way to get xanax 2mg?

mikevx
Board Addict

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: LV-426
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: aalvaneo]
      #196581 - 10/27/04 05:29 PM

Quote:

Hello all. I really appreciate all of you and this web site
I am suffering from anxiety real bad and have trouble sleeping. my doctor will not prescribe xanax for me. what is the easiest way to get xanax 2mg?

Have you tried ambien or valium? Valium helps a lot with anxiety and ambien with sleeping. Valium also helps with sleeping.

Xanax is much more powerful and harder to get. Most sell it in 1mg rather than 2mg. Gigapharma, now pharmaathome.com sold it in 2mg blister packs but last I saw they were out of stock.

Check your pm for more info.

--------------------
"cowards die many deaths, the brave only one"

stevesmith

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Southern
      #196597 - 10/27/04 06:12 PM

all I know is 3+ doctors & 3 + pharmacists I know in real life and have known for years have all said that generics are at least 20% less potent & depending on the manufacturer and or country they come from maybe more. and there was something about different cheaper binders or something being used also on generics. I just know me, myself can tell the difference bwteen a generic Valium and name brand and generic hydro vs name brand is all I know. I have never had Xanax so dont know sorry

--------------------
PPL don't argue over ideas or possible solutions, but instead argue to assert their egos and release frustration. Once U realize this, U will neither argue nor take arguments seriously

want2bcalm

Reged: 04/03/04
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: stevesmith]
      #196600 - 10/27/04 06:19 PM

I found the post about the potency of generics interesting. People may think it is crazy but I don't. Personally, I don't like the 2 mg bars. I never take a whole one. I prefer the blue football 1 mg. Even at that, I break them in 1/2. They seem to be much more effective than the 2 mg. bars.

stevesmith

Reged: 10/01/04
Loc: Southern
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: want2bcalm]
      #196601 - 10/27/04 06:22 PM

from time to time soemone or other will post a link to the GOVT. site that tells that by law generics can be 20% less efective. then some ppl say well, the companies woudl only be saving pennies a pill maybe 1 penny per pill shorting us the 20%. But when you take into account they sell MILLIONS of these pills those penies and 20%'s add up fast!!!

--------------------
PPL don't argue over ideas or possible solutions, but instead argue to assert their egos and release frustration. Once U realize this, U will neither argue nor take arguments seriously

LPR
Journeyman

Reged: 12/30/03
Re: Xanax - Generic or Brand name? [Re: mikevx]
      #199268 - 11/10/04 03:24 AM

It's odd, Xanax doesn't seem to be working for me in general. Even at 0.5 mg all I get is a headache and overpowering drowsiness; I couldn't tell this apart from Benadryl. It doesn't seem to be helping much with anxiety, and I'm not feeling the effects others describe.

I respond better to Valium, but I don't like that its half-life is so long! I know everyone's biochemistry is different - are there some people whose bodies are calibrated at just plain Xanax-unfriendly?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Melody, Heidi 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 18540

Rate this topic

Jump to

Help | Privacy statement | Rules Free Members Area