Flaming/Flame Wars
Flaming is reacting to someone's board posting or PM in a hostile manner by publicly chastising the person or bombarding the person with nasty posts or PM's. Flaming may occur to users that engage in behavior that violates what is considered proper board netiquette. A flame war occurs when two or more users flame each other in an escalating manner that threatens to continue unabated. If you notice a flame war developing just notify the moderator or adminitrator and let them handle it. Do not take part in flame wars. If you do you will be banned even if you did not start it :-)

Meds, Medical Conditions, and Treatment >> Prescription drug discussion

Pages: 1
MelodyAdministrator

Reged: 03/20/03
Loc: DrugBuyers.Com
Midazolam - Versed
      #203060 - 11/25/04 03:51 PM

Please use this thread to discuss Midazolam - Versed.

Thanks,
Melody

--------------------
Tip: Try our Database to find out who has the best deals...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
zippy66
Enthusiast

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: The Spine
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: Melody]
      #203062 - 11/25/04 04:15 PM

I'm glad we got this one on the list finally. I know in North America this is a syrup used for pediatric dental exams or IM/IV injectable for pre-op relaxation with good amnesia so you forget who to sue. But this drug is also available from Argentina, Phillipines and Pakistan (and maybe other places)in a pill format (7.5 mg or 15 mg). I have tried a few times and find it very fast acting and short lived (15 mg) and about equivalent to a 2 mg xanax in intensity.

What have been your experiences for sleep or non-sleep anti-anxiety useage. Roche makes it and it is either Dormicum or Versed but they don't seem to target the North American anti-anxiety or sleep market. Why? It may be like Triazolam (Halcion), just to addictive due to its short life.

Please share,

Zip

lunalisa
Banned. Soliciting / Asking members to pm for great source

Reged: 09/09/04
Loc: LunaLand
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: zippy66]
      #203410 - 11/27/04 05:30 PM

Its a strange bird. I have somewhat of a benzo tolerance, and 15mg really does nothing for me. Nice to use as a sleep aid, but nohthing like ambien if you take other benzos.

I have friends who take benzos maybe once a month and love the semi-conscious effect, some do get knocked out, but lowing the dose keeps the person semi conscious. It does tend to cauuse a slight to moderate headache after, in about 1/4 the people I know. No real dependency issues, not like Ambien, or even alprazolam. Tolerance is built very quickly!

LunaLisa

rockystuart
Enthusiast

Reged: 03/11/04
Loc: San Fran Bay Area, Calif
      #203417 - 11/27/04 06:18 PM

I needed 30mg to sleep - but 15 was OK for anxiety. Watch out for the ammnesia - if you take a dose and then something wakes you up you can end up having to ask - "What city is this? - OK OK - now Which State?" Or other stupid things like "Did you see how I got here?"

Bit then I forget the colour of my rental cars too.

mykidsmother
Stranger

Reged: 10/19/04
Loc: NYC
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: rockystuart]
      #203425 - 11/27/04 07:17 PM

vercid is very easy to od on..use with extreme caution.

--------------------
Deb
Mykidsmother

Trampy
Oracle

Reged: 04/03/02
Loc: Southwest U.S.
      #203450 - 11/27/04 09:51 PM

The liquid injectable was featured on the TV show Law & Order with the street name "dazzle." A doctor who had problems with alcohol switched to self-injected midazolam so alcohol wouldn't be on her breath. She ended up getting caught anyway because she stole a bottle from the hospital and kept it in her home fridge.

--------------------
Your mileage may vary ...

lovely11
Board Addict

Reged: 01/03/04
Loc: With my dog at my side
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: rockystuart]
      #203463 - 11/27/04 11:21 PM

Quote:

Bit then I forget the colour of my rental cars too.

What?????????????????????????????????????

--------------------
Lovely - devout dog lover

I wish I were half as good as my dog thinks I am.

zippy66
Enthusiast

Reged: 09/17/04
Loc: The Spine
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: lovely11]
      #208975 - 12/20/04 05:38 PM

Ever try Prosom (Estazolam)? What would your comparison be?

Zip

Thanatopium

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: The Howling Wastes
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: zippy66]
      #209014 - 12/20/04 08:12 PM

Pharmaceutical liquid midazolam took about 6 mgs to knock me down.
Quality pills, 7.5 mgs will do it, and typical cheap generics from overseas, 15 mgs.
To give you an idea, a 2 mg xanax makes me a little speedy, and mentally foggy.

Estazolam works to put you asleep, but I find the hangover strong. It lacks the euphoria of its methylated kissing cousin alprazolam.

Nitrazepam falls somewhere between xanax and versed, and the flowering queen of them all is nimetrazepam, now just a legend living on in our hearts...

For me, midazolam is probably the best for plain old sleep.. . And when looking at the dosages above, cut them in half unless your the kind fo bloke that wakes up 3-4 times during surgury when it took 5 attempts to make the anaesthesia put you under.

I love the look of sheer terror on a nurses face when they have your ribs spread, and you pipe up in the middle of surgury, "excuse me, could I have just a little more dilaudid? I can feel you cutting throuhg the cartilege."

This when you are supposed to be under...

Threadhead

Reged: 12/08/01
Loc: west coast CA
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: Thanatopium]
      #209062 - 12/20/04 11:13 PM

I was given versed as part of the cocktail they gave me before my lumbar injections. Crazy stuff. I remember the doctor doing impressions of Gov. Arnold. I was laughing in my head but couldn't really laugh out loud. And I was thinking to myself "OK this guy is sticking needles in my back and doing impressions. Sure hope he's focusing on the important job here." I was awake the whole time. Just stuck inside myself. Than I passed out in recovery.

dwain
Stranger

Reged: 11/21/04
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: lunalisa]
      #215844 - 01/16/05 01:38 PM

Dormicum 15mg is a very strong, fast acting short-term hypnotica. In Switzerland it is called "blue nightmare" and is used as a pre-surgical sedative ( it prevents patients from waking up during surgery).
In a double-blind study with 31 volunteers, disturbances of cognitive performance following the uptake of 15 mg oral midazolam were examined by a standardised and validated test. The degrees of impaired cognitive efficiency were comparable to those of moderate or serious organic psychosyndrome. Furthermore, a complete anterograde amnesia without any tendency to clarify was obvious in all cases. Disturbances of motor coordination were particularly evident from a rotatory nystagmus which showed a prolonged coarse tremor in 25 volunteers.

In Germany Dormicum is not been subscribed as a sleeping pill anymore. Minor sleep disorders beeing treated with benzo-derivates like Zopiclone, Zolpidem ( aka Ambien, Stillnox...), followed by Diazepam or Triazolam (Valium, Halcion) in case of more serious disorders. For short-term treatment of heavy disturbances Midazolam has been replaced by Flunitrazepam 1mg or Oxazepam 50mg ( Rohypnol, Seresta Forte...). and even if a couple of flunis should not be enough to knock you out... as a Swiss citizen who's afraid of "blue nightmares" I would prefer the swissmade Toquilone ( Methaqualon at it's best). Yeah- I'm talking about the good old Quaalude's.

Important: Toquilone Compositum is a brand of Medichemie. It is strongly prohibited to prescribe, sell or purchase this drug outside the Swiss Confederation.

Rohypnol is a brand of Roche AG, Switzerland. Every use and possession within the United States is a serious offence and is prohibited by law.

Personal note: I do not take recreational drugs. I never did. The whole content of this "reply" is meant for educational purposes only.

BamaChica
Veteran

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: AL by way of Cali..culture sho...
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: dwain]
      #215861 - 01/16/05 03:39 PM

This must be used with extreme caution IF AT ALL...it causes severe respiratory depression and could cause you to stop breathing...thats why it should only be used in the OR or hospital under medical supervision.I had this when I had my wisdom teeth out and I didn't know I was in the world...the most common dose IV is anywhere from .05-2mg depending on age and weight. we used it alot for sedation for extremely combative, seriously injured people because it is short acting.they typicall give Versed for things like colonoscopies,EGD's..things of that nature.

forsirtin
Stranger

Reged: 01/17/05
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: BamaChica]
      #221090 - 02/02/05 12:38 AM

Yup, BamaChica (hello, BTW!) is right. Versed is used to help induce anesthesia, part of the cocktail. I'm sure one of the reasons they use it in the OR and for outpatient procedures such as colonoscopies (AH...HATE THOSE!!!) is because you will not remember what the heck happened. Which, in most cases, is a very good thing! I have been given Versed, along with whatever the "big gun" is to knock you out in combination with Atropine to regulate my heart rate. Be very, very careful with this one. It is heavy-duty if you take too much. Can't believe it is available online, actually.

Take care,
Trish

Eeyore27
Old Hand

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Where Misery loves Company U...
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: Trampy]
      #226810 - 02/20/05 11:35 AM

Quote:

The liquid injectable was featured on the TV show Law & Order with the street name "dazzle." A doctor who had problems with alcohol switched to self-injected midazolam so alcohol wouldn't be on her breath. She ended up getting caught anyway because she stole a bottle from the hospital and kept it in her home fridge.

I saw that episode of Law & Order, too. Versed was also covered on an episode of Forensic Files not too long ago. A doctor injected one of his patients with it and then raped her while she was semi-conscious. When she reported him for it, he stated that people often have erotic dreams while under the influence of it. Strangely enough, when they took a blood sample from him to compare to the semen sample taken from her rape kit, his DNA didn't match the profile.

They wound up finding out years later that he actually surgically implanted a tube in his forearm containing somebody else's blood in order to get away with what he had done to her. When they searched his home, they found several vials of Versed in his closet. Turns out he was doing the same thing to his step-daughter for years. Creepy, but true!

~Eeyore

sddml13
Journeyman

Reged: 02/07/05
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: Eeyore27]
      #226811 - 02/20/05 11:39 AM

Actually a true story, and after years and years a nurse took another sample of the his blood and noticed that it was very dark and "old". Thats when they went to the other arm and C-YA. Not a bad trick, but you could actually see the bulging fake vein in his arm from the video.

odysseus17
Stranger

Reged: 02/26/05
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: sddml13]
      #235181 - 03/05/05 07:44 PM

Midazolam in the form Dormicum by Roche is extremely popular drug sold on the streets in south east asia, mainly malaysia and particularly Singapore. To the point where bootleg 'fake' Dorms have been found being sold on the black market , complete, encased in blister packs... But not containing any Midazolam... some are duds, or maybe diazepam...but defintely no midazolam. I have experienced both the original (1 15mg tablet will put u in a 'drugged state, and for anyone without any benzo tolerance, 2 or 3 tablets will result in them waking up and not remembering how and when they fell asleep, how they ended up where they are... and given such property, has been used many times to lower inhibitions of girls who later cannot remember what they actually did the night before and even group date rapes..... The moment the person administered dormicum starts dozing off or falls asleep, you can be quite sure tat should that person be woken up a few minutes later, watever happens to that person for the next couple of hours will Not be in that persons memory... THIS is defintely a dangerous date rape drug - I swear, everytime I hear more of this media-hyped out rubbish of Rohypnol(Flunitrazepam) as the date rape drug... i get so angry I have trouble finding words to express my level of frustration and anger.

Also - PHARM88 is one of the phillipne based IOPs tat are great BUT they actually sell dormicum at a suspiciously low price ... and I have tried them and they seem very much like duds to me. Unfortunately, if they had come in blister packs (rather than loose), I could tell the diff, and if it was original from roche. I have also finished all my prescribed Dormicum pills so I couldnt compare the two. It is very obvious to spot the differences between the two pills with the aid of a magnification loupe... ANYONE WHO BOUGHT DORMICUM from PHARM88 at their incredible low price, PLS MSG ME ..

And as for Nimetezapam (THE best recreational benzo), it is still prescribed in singapore, known under the trade name Erimin 5, by the japanese company Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals...and EXACTLY like Dormicum, rampant on the black market and many are bootlegs, complete in fake blister packs... But youre not gonna get that online....

simcity
Stranger

Reged: 12/28/04
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: odysseus17]
      #236149 - 03/09/05 06:52 AM

there are no pharmacies listed. is the drug still available?

qbird
material girl

Reged: 09/02/02
Loc: USA
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: simcity]
      #236168 - 03/09/05 08:40 AM

Ohhh I did not know midazolam was Versed. I did not know it by its generic name. I saw Trampy mention it on another thread. Oh it should be very hard to get online. Yeah that is a strong one. I have no idea where to get that one via iop. It is available by prescription only but good luck with that. They gave me that while I was in the hospital preop. It knocked me out fast and I have a pretty good tolerance to benzos.

--------------------

cleo911
Veteran

Reged: 08/22/02
Loc: Shakedown St.
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: qbird]
      #236191 - 03/09/05 10:01 AM

Dormicum is not versed. It is in no way dangerous, at least no more so than xanax. Odysseus17 should stop spreading such completely bogus information. A very ill-informed individual there. It is widely prescribed outside the US and is readily available online without prescription, and pharm88 is not the cheapest place to get it.

qbird
material girl

Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: cleo911]
      #236571 - 03/10/05 11:15 AM

What iops offer it I think was the question. I haven't come across any that do in a long time. But I really haven't looked at overseas iops in a while either. Do you know of any? I think you mentioned Pharm88, any others?

--------------------

cleo911
Veteran

#236886 - 03/11/05 10:32 AM

Sorry about the harshness of my previous post Hadn't taken my meds that day I didn't phrase that very well. I meant that while midazolam is Versed, this injectable form should never be used outside of a health facility. And while Dormicum is midazolam, this tablet form is reasonably safe for individual usage. As to the price, pharm88 was the most cheaply priced place I'd seen this med. However, now I would reccomend 'argentina meds' for this product. #120 15mg tablets for $125, and I highly doubt they're bogus.

simcity
Stranger

Reged: 12/28/04
      #237223 - 03/12/05 04:45 PM

is that farmacia argentina?

qbird
material girl

#242813 - 04/02/05 06:42 PM

Oh no problem, I have a cold right now and am a bit cranky myself. I hope it is not coming across in my posts. Anyway I thought the argentina place you mentioned was gone. Argentine Meds?

--------------------

cleo911
Veteran

#243014 - 04/03/05 04:31 PM

Lol...no, it's not coming across in your posts. I sometimes get a bit agitated and post something inflamatory, then feel stupid the next day I meant Don and company at the 'argentina meds' place discussed in the free website forum. --I ordered some Dormicum from them last week. When I receive it you can read about quality, etc there.

cleo911
Veteran

#248038 - 04/20/05 04:53 PM

Just wanted to add a couple things. Dormicum (midazolam) is a rather atypical benzodiazapine. It's effects are more akin to Halcion than the more traditional benzos. It's good for sleep and that's about it. Not something you'd want to take and go about your daily routine, like one may with xanax, valium, klonopin, etc. It is also advised not to drink alcohol with this. That can be said for any benzo, but is particularly true with this med. I rarely drink, but have no problem with moderate drinking on xanax or valium. However, the other night I took a couple of these tabs and drank a few glasses of wine. Big mistake, as I blacked out and did some crazy stuff that I have no recollection of whatsoever So, just a word of warning here. Be very careful with this med. If you use it, just take it and go to bed asap.

JasonG
Board Addict

Reged: 10/24/04
Loc: west/midwest
      #248057 - 04/20/05 05:39 PM

Hey Cleo, we want the video on that! Personally I like the dorm, cuz it's stronger and more resilient re: cold shipping etc than the other benzo/v's etc. But it is strong, I used to get it from J/stlt, but that appears history. If anyone has a safe source please pm me, genuine med need, previously rx'd to me. (the v's that is) thanks to the wonderful,genuine members, who have helped me in my darker hours. Hugz to all, J

kiwijeff
Stranger

Reged: 03/04/04
      #250286 - 04/26/05 11:26 AM

Hi Cleo,
I'm hoping you can advise me on a site(s) that carry versed. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kiwijeff

cleo911
Veteran

Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: kiwijeff]
      #251602 - 04/29/05 01:49 PM

Maybe you should start a new thread in the 'who offers it, how much' forum?

oldandwise
Veteran

Reged: 02/03/04
Loc: ky
Re: Midazolam - Versed [Re: kiwijeff]
      #251605 - 04/29/05 01:55 PM

Quote:

Hi Cleo,
I'm hoping you can advise me on a site(s) that carry versed. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kiwijeff

Here you go. http://www.starlitepharmacy.com/page2.html

--------------------
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin

artistsong
Stranger

Reged: 04/13/05
      #251753 - 04/29/05 06:33 PM

Hi -- i got midazolam from Pharm88, and they workd great. i love the short half-life.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Melody, Heidi 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2192

Rate this topic

Jump to

Help | Privacy statement | Rules Free Members Area

UBB.threads™ 6.5
With Modifications from ThreadsDev.com by Joshua Pettit
NEW SERVER

DrugBuyers.Com only offers information. Our site is for information purposes only
DrugBuyers.Com does not sell prescription drugs. DrugBuyers.Com is not an online pharmacy
DrugBuyers.com is a telemedicine discussion forum. We do not recommend nor endorse any of the companies or services discussed at our site.