DoctorScripts.Com Prices
Ultram 50mg 90 tablets $138.00 - Tramadol 50mg 180 Tablets $ 82.00
Watson Brand Soma (Carisoprodol) 350mg 90 Tablers $57.00 - Carisoprodol (Generic Soma) 350mg 90 Tablets $37.00
Fioricet Brand 50/325/40 90 Tablets $136.00 - Butalbital APAP w/Caffeine (Generic Fioricet) 50/325/40 90 $49.00
Consultation fees included in price. No hidden costs: http://doctorscripts.com

Meds, Medical Conditions, and Treatment >> Prescription drug discussion

Pages: 1
MelodyAdministrator

Reged: 03/20/03
Loc: DrugBuyers.Com
Buspar - Buspirone
      #142353 - 02/27/04 11:15 AM

Please use this thread to discuss Buspar (Buspirone).

Thanks

--------------------
Tip: Try our Database to find out who has the best deals...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ellen1
Enthusiast

Reged: 07/03/02
Loc: N. Calif.
Buspar - Buspirone [Re: Melody]
      #190048 - 10/01/04 11:02 AM

If someone knows, is Buspar the same as Welbutrin?
Thanks.

okdoki
Journeyman

Reged: 02/19/02
Re: Buspar - Buspirone [Re: ellen1]
      #190138 - 10/01/04 05:28 PM

NO.

sunflower29

Reged: 04/13/04
Re: Buspar - Buspirone [Re: okdoki]
      #190141 - 10/01/04 05:47 PM

I belive Buspar is a medication used to treat anxiety, although from boards I've read not many people respond to it especially if it'sthe only medication they take. Some psych docs add buspar to a cocktail of anti-depressants to help with anxiety. I considered using it to see if I could cut down my benzo use with it, but I wasn't convinced, and the side effects didn't seem worth it.

A lot of these meds are so new to the market, and despite the bad rap benzos get, at least they've been studied for years, and proven (from what I've gathered, I may be wrong) not to cause any organ damage, as opposed to other CNS depressants such as alcohol, which was the old-fashioned anti-anxiety agent back in the days before benzos.

Wellbutrin is supposed to be a 'stimulating' anti-depressant, so it's not recommended for people who struggle with anxiety. It can cause a lot of anxiety and panic in people who have never previously experienced it. It's more for if you're so depressed and lethargic, you can't get out of bed. It's supposed to give you pep.

I've tried it *stupid move for someone with anxiety disorder*, and it really does stimulate, but I found not in a good way at all. I've tried Addreall a few times years ago, and that was completely different from how Wellbutrin is experienced, at least in my case.
I hated Wellbutrin, it F***** me up really bad and after taking it for three days, I needed another three holed up in my bed to recover from it.
But it does work well for some.

Good luck!

ellen1
Enthusiast

Reged: 07/03/02
Loc: N. Calif.
Re: Buspar - Buspirone [Re: sunflower29]
      #190482 - 10/03/04 12:18 PM

Thanks to everyone who answered me.
Ellen

radiometer
Board Addict

Reged: 12/10/03
Loc: California
Re: Buspar - Buspirone [Re: sunflower29]
      #190575 - 10/04/04 02:52 AM

I have never heard a good word about Buspar from anyone who's taken it.

ellen1: that mistake gets made a lot, because the generic name for Wellbutrin is bupropion, somewhat similar to Buspar (buspirone).

Edited by radiometer (10/04/04 02:56 AM)

Opie_Yates
Old Hand

Reged: 08/11/03
Re: Buspar - Buspirone [Re: radiometer]
      #190577 - 10/04/04 02:56 AM

Quote:

I have never heard a good word about Buspar from anyone who's taken it.

Anyone who watched the Sopranos regularly should remember the daughter's roomate at Columbia. She was clinically depressed (I guess going from Bartlesville, OK to Harlem will do that to a person), and the college dispensary was giving her Buspar. Every week while she was a character on the show she would get worse and worse. It's no secret that Buspar is just another SSRI that is nothing but poison.

--------------------
I'm not a doctor, I just play one on a message forum!

gmorin2

Reged: 06/09/04
Loc: New England
Re: Buspar - Buspirone [Re: Opie_Yates]
      #190621 - 10/04/04 10:47 AM

I am currently on 20 MG 3 times a day and its a bunch of Made an appointment with my doctor to either up the dose or give me something else. Since she is against Benzo's and claims she can not go any higher on the dose of BUSPAR (buspirone HCL) she doubled my dose of Venlafaxine HCL (Effexor XR) antidepressent/antianxiety drug to 300MG once a day. To tell you the trueth right now i'm not that bad with my anxiety anymore which was a happy suprise but the withdrawal im going to get from Effexor XR when 300MG gets reduced, if it ever gets reduced, is going to be hell. Hope this helps anybody.

--------------------
If you wanna talk to me about your problems or just need someone to bi*ch to, please PM me.

Edited by gmorin2 (10/04/04 10:49 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Melody 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 742

Rate this topic

Jump to

Help | Privacy statement | Rules Free Members Area